- About Us
- Gaming / Mobile
- Virtual Worlds
- Social Media
- Badging Systems
- Past Projects
- Professional Services
New Report of Global Kids' Badging System in Atlanta
In the Spring of 2011, Global Kids began working with the Epstein School in Atlanta, introducing them to the power, potential and perils of digital badging systems. Epstein identified nine subject areas to badge, and together we developed a strategy for running the badging system and rolling it out to the school in August, 2011.
Below is the mid-year report we delivered this past January to the funder, the Covenant Foundation. With the permission of both the school and Foundation, we share it below in the hopes of advancing our collective knowledge about the use of badging systems to support lifelong learning skills, both inside and outside formal educational settings.
To learn more about other badging programs at GK, please explore the links below:
Below are a number of resources which highlights Global Kids’ educational use of badges over the past three years:
- Badges in an after school program (Media Masters at the High School for Global Citizenship) (video)
- Badges in a library (New York Public Library)
- Badges in a K-5 School
- Badges in a museum (American Museum of National History)
- Badges within Global Kids (article)
- Badges overseas in Senegal based on Global Kids' work.